Saturday, October 13, 2007

GREAT Day

Loki had a GREAT day today. I've been e-mailing this lady who lived in the area recently about raw feeding Loki. She gave me lots of advice, and when I mentioned his energy level, she asked if I wanted to be part of a dog group. We ended up meeting two grown Ridgebacks and one 3 month old Ridgeback at ... Harrier landing field (?) on base. The 4 of them spent about an hour off leash walking a trail, splashing around in a little stream (you should've seen Loki go headfirst into a deep section of the stream... he figured out how to get up quickly, but the look on his face when he got out was hilarious) and wandering around the woods. He kept getting little burrs in his foot which he wasn't too happy about with, but the other dog-parents helped me out with him.

This is something we're definitely going to do again - it sure beats just taking Loki to the dog park and letting him run wild amongst 20-30 dogs at once who might not necessarily want to play. With a smaller number of dogs (that I trust), I can probably let loose a little bit more and depend on the older dogs to teach Loki some manners.

No comments: