Saturday, October 13, 2007

Starting on the raw

Well, we started Loki on the raw food today, and so far, there have been no complaints from him.

Unfortunately, he's food aggressive with it (again). Which leaves me in a position where I'm going to have to really just work with him on it. He had 3/4 pound of chicken breast this morning and currently, he's munching on a pound of chicken quarters (bone and all).

My time at Walmart picking out meat was a bit awkward. I just sorta picked out a 10 pound bag of chicken quarters nonchalantly and dropped it in the cart. Then I walked over to the chicken gizzards/heart and picked out a package of that. I was going to get some beef liver, but I couldn't. One of the bags broke through, so there was liver juice all over the place. I need to probably work on figuring out a bit more what to really feed him so that he'll stay healthy, but it doesn't seem that intimidating anymore.

He's having a bit of difficulty getting through and eating the bone. He's already spent about 10 minutes munching on this leg... I'm just hoping he doesn't take much longer otherwise the bacteria will really start to populate. Oh well... at least he's doing it in his crate so raw chicken doesn't get everywhere...

No comments: