Saturday, February 9, 2008

Beach!

"Hey daddy, daddy, gimme the ball!"

"Score! I got the ball!"

"No you can't take it from me already!"

"Ha ha, I got the ball and you can't catch me!"

"AHHH! WAVES!!! HELP!!!"

"I know it's in here somewhere..."

Doesn't it just make you want to go, "Aww...."?

Well, we took Loki to the beach for the first "real" time today. (Before, we took him to Carolina Beach, but it was 9:00 at night, and Jason and I were mainly staring at the stars).

As you can tell, he had lots of fun. He got away from us a few times, but people were kind enough to catch him. Obviously they can't make leashes longer than 30 ft., but it'd be really nice. I think the length is what allowed Loki to get away from us though. He pretty much got a running start to yank the leash away from us. Also because my genius husband thought it'd work to set the leash down on the sand and step on it.

I think the best part of the day was watching him point at some seagulls. I know he has the bird dog instinct in him, but I didn't know it applied towards seagulls too! I really wish I got a picture. He's pooped out now sleeping next to me, 2 hours early. Hopefully this energy drain lasts through the night so I don't have to wake up tonight staring at butt with his tail wagging.

1 comment:

Rio Rocket said...

You're so lucky to have a great beach to hang out at and most of all a great daddy to take you there.