Tuesday, February 12, 2008

No daddy for a month.

Well, Jason left this morning at 1 AM. Won't be back for a month. After that, he gets a month at home, then off to Iraq for 7 months.

He was in such a rush that he couldn't give a proper goodbye to Loki, and I only got a quick hug and kiss. I guess Loki sensed something was wrong after I let him in the bedroom to sleep that night with me because he laid his head on my shoulder as if saying, "It's okay mommy, I'll be here for you." I think I can spare you the details about lying awake crying after he left realizing how soon this next deployment was coming up. The last one I survive somewhat okay because I had a number of distractions. This second one is going to test me though.

Man. It's going to be a long month. It's times like these I'm glad I have Loki. It gives me a reason to get out of the house, if only for a short trip to Petsmart. I can increase the frequency and time of walks in order to make the day go faster, and I can plan special trips with him. I guess I'll also have a "shoulder"... or rather, a back to cry on.

Thanks Loki.

1 comment:

Rio Rocket said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep a stiff upper lip! and take care of your mum! She'll need some extra snuggles.