Sunday, March 30, 2008

Back home with Loki and Glitter

So, we left Orlando at around 10 AM yesterday. Didn't get back until 12 AM - massive traffic in FL, Georgia, SC and a DUI stop somewhere along the line in NC (not too sure when, I was sleeping most the way).

We tried to get back at around 8 PM so we could pick up Loki and spend the night with him, but no such luck.

Instead, we woke up around 9 this morning to head to my friend's house to pick him up. When we got there, he somehow turned a whole new shade of brown - think, mud brown. He was the perpetrator of a 6" deep muddy hole and apparently spent the last 2 hours rolling around in the mud like some type of pig.

He was happy to see us, but as soon as we clipped his leash on and led him to the car, he gave us the most pathetic face in the world, like, "Nooo don't make me leave my girlfriends!" Also, instead of sitting peacefully in the backseat which was protected by a waterproof seat cover, he decided to steal my seat in the front and I had to ride in the back all the way home while Loki happily farted his way back (we had him on Solid Gold canned food + Solid Gold Wolfcub while he was at my friend's house. I guess the canned food just didn't agree with him).

As soon as we got back, it was straight to the bath for him, and since then, he's been passed out for the last 5 hours.

Looks like someone had a great vacation too.

Oh, and since I couldn't resist going on vacation and not bringing anything back for the dog, we got him a black collar with red Mickey heads. Not the fanciest thing in the world, but it'll do. Now, instead of being a military dog with a camouflage collar, he's a Disney dog! Unfortunately, Vizslas kinda resemble Clifford the Big Red Dog more than they resemble Pluto or Goofy or Stitch or any of the 101 Dalmatians.

1 comment:

Rocket said...

mmmmmmm -- MUD -- I woof mud! The dog park is covered in mud and is a great place to play right now. However, it means I get a bath when I get home. Not always nice.