Anyway. Here's a typical day for Loki and I in NJ. Keep in mind that I am currently on vacation and am waiting to go back to classes on the 27th.
- Wakes up at 6:30 AM
- Gets fed his raw meal and let out by my father around 7:30 AM
- Terrorize the birds, bugs and squirrels and plays with various (dog) toys outside for 2 hours
- Comes back in, waits patiently in kennel/naps until 11:00 AM when I finally wake up
Loki & I:
- Follows me around the house until I let him out again to stalk the birds, bugs and squirrels for 30 minutes while I eat lunch at 1 PM
- Takes a nap on the couch while I talk to Jason online or just look up things on the internet
- 4:30 PM every day we go to the dog park until 6 or 6:30 PM depending on how busy it is there (if the dog park slows down, I bring Loki home)
- Get let outside to eat his kibbles meal and terrorize more wildlife while we eat dinner
- Comes inside for his daily training session with my parents and grandparents (using treats and fresh fruits... oranges and grapefruit are the fruits of choice for the season)
- Go back outside with me to throw around a floppy disk thing for an hour
- Comes back inside for more training with my mom
- Settles down on couch aside my mom (supposedly, he's not allowed upstairs. Only in the basement and in the backyard. I guess my parents changed their minds!) and naps until I go back to the basement and hop on the computer
- Sleeps through the night in his kennel
I love vacations. I'm sure Loki does too. I feel really bad for the past 8 months though... we never really let Loki use his full energy potential. Sure he got his walks and wrestling with Jason and once a week playdates but he could've been so much happier.